Check out all my photos here in one place!

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Bloggers' Challenge #80 --- So Very LATE!!!


Well....you KNOW I'm behind! There is probably no way I can go back and make up all the Challenges that I've missed, but I just may try....we'll see!! Today's submission is from last week's Blog Challenge. It is a color challenge using Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip, any red...I used Riding Hood Red....and a basic, like Vanilla or Whisper White. These colors actually look GREAT together, if I may say so! Not sure I would have ever thought to put them together, but I really like this combination....and you know I don't always say that for the combo challenges!! LOL!

I pulled out the Ronald McDonald House set, So Many Scallops, and decided to use that as the featured focal point. I had seen this idea with the mini brads in the lollipop flowers on my friend, Gina's blog, and thought it was an awesome idea! So, I borrowed the idea (Thanks, Gina!)....but the card is very different.

As you can see, this was stamped in Baja Breeze onto Whisper White and punched out with the fabulous Square Scallop Punch. The brads were added (Ruby Red Mini Brads match very well!), and layered onto a square of Chocolate Chip. The Riding Hood Red was stamped in the same color ink with Twill. Always was used for the center of the Build-A-Brad, and it works so well here!

Thanks, as always, for stopping by and making your visit a part of your day!

Stamps: So Many Scallops, Twill, Warmest Regards*
Inks: Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip, Riding Hood Red
CS: Whisper White, Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip, Riding Hood Red
Misc: 1/2" Round Punch, Build-A-Brad, Wide Stitched Chocolate Chip Grosgrain, Paper Piercer (Tool Kit), Square Scallop Punch, Ruby Red Mini Brads
*Retired

10 comments:

Basement Stamper said...

Very cute Barb, love the brad!

Kathy W said...

i like it, esp use of brads and build a brad

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is delightful Barbara! Love how you used the brads! A beautiful card for this beautiful color combination! :D

Lisa Bohler said...

This is an adorable card, Barb! I like how you "tied" the ribbon with the brad!

Ida said...

Cute card. Love the way you did the brad with the ribbon and the brads on the flowers.

Shelly Koskinen said...

This card is so cute! I love the way that you used the brads.

Kristen said...

Great card. Very nicely put together.

MJ said...

This is super! I love it.

Unknown said...

grat card nice bright colours

Leona said...

I love this i so so love the colours aswell..... they so really go together!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin