Check out all my photos here in one place!

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Catching Up.....kind of!


Well, I had a little bit of time this afternoon to stamp, so I thought I'd try to catch up on the Lunchtime Monday Challenge that I missed this past week. So, I pulled out some of my stamps and papers, inks and some accessories and got to "work." I felt like a mad scientist....my stamp area was a mess when I was done! BUT, I had this card to show for all that hard work and mess! Soooo, I scanned it in and was ready to post only to find out I did the wrong sketch!! Not only did I do the wrong sketch....it's one I had done a few weeks ago! (Guess that's why that sketch photo was still on my desktop!) DUH!!! So, I hope you don't mind that I share anyway...I'll try to find time tomorrow to actually do the right sketch AND the one due for this Monday!!


Although I'm not really a purple gal...I know plenty of people who are. But, I really like the way Almost Amethyst and Lovely Lilac look together....paired with a touch of Basic Black and, of course, some Whisper White, it's really a winning combo!! This card features the last little bit of Almost Amethyst DSP from the previous catalog....now, other than a few very small pieces, it's mostly all gone! The butterfly has dots of glitter inside each of those little flowers on the wings....was punched out using that fabulous 1 3/4" Round Punch and then Nestabilities were used in the Big Shot to achieve those background layers surrounding the image.


....you know what?!! This may just be the perfect birthday card for my niece who will be celebrating her special day very soon! So, even if I messed up and used the wrong sketch, it's still a cute card and now I have a very important use for it!!


Stamps: Flitting By, Tres Chic, All Holidays
Inks: Almost Amethyst, Lovely Lilac, Basic Black, White Craft
CS: Whisper White, Basic Black, Almost Amethyst
Misc: White Taffeta Ribbon, Glitter Pen (by Sakura), Dimensionals (behind the butterfly), 1 3/4" Round Punch, Almost Amethyst DSP (retired), Round and Scallop Round Nestabilities (by Spellbinders), Big Shot

4 comments:

MJ said...

Love it. I do love purple. I have done the exact same thing so many times it is not funny. At least you got a beautiful card to show for it. Thanks for playing with my sketches.

Unknown said...

I am one of the purple people and i love it!

Leona said...

Im not a purple girl lol but i do love this card.....

Chrissy D said...

I just got this stamp set! Your card is GORGEOUS! great colors! TFS!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin