Check out all my photos here in one place!

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Weekly Challenge -- Add a Photo

Do any of you have teenage daughters? If you do, then you know how stressful they can make our lives! As for me, I have twin 19 year old daughters. They are attending the local community college....and the fact that they aren't away at school is something they remind me of daily! Suffice it to say that for now, going to school locally and living home is best for them at this time. But, OH, they do make my life stressful! I can actually FEEL the gray popping out on my head every day! And for those of you who have dealt with this species, KNOW what drama queens they can be...and my daughters are NO exception!!

So, why am I mentioning all this? Well, they are my excuse for being so late with my Challenge this week. In fact, I really didn't have a chance to work on the Challenge at all! BUT, I do occasionally scrapbook, and I'm going to show off one of the last pages I put together. The photos on this scrap page are of my hubby when he was just a toddler and then there is also a family photo. Unfortunately, I don't have dates, so I don't know the ages of anyone in the pictures, and these are the only pictures I have of Dennis growing up. His mom moved a LOT (we often said that her furniture all came with wheels!), so many things must have been lost along the way. And she now has advanced Alzheimers, so I cannot even check to see if I can get anymore info!

This showcases a simple layout. There is a lot of paper piercing on this page, and the "stitching" is done with a marker. The photo corners were created by using the small 1/4" square and the 1 1/4" square. Now I own the corner punch, so it would be so much easier to create this look. The only stamping on this page is actually on the photo corners and the retired Wonderful Weaves was used. As usual, the photo really doesn't do the page justice. It IS a great scrap page! (If I may say so myself!!)

Stamps: Wonderful Weaves
Inks: Basic Black
CS: Natural Ivory, Mellow Moss, Basic Black
Misc: Moss Grosgrain, White Gel Pen, 1/4" & 1 1/4" Square Punches.
NOTE: Title is a rub on. Source unknown.

Thanks for stopping by. Now, I'm off to check the other Bloggers' submissions....won't you join me?

13 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your page!!! I can't imagine having twin 19 year olds, May only daughter is 11 going on 25!!

Julie Campbell said...

You didn't cheat... you just got an early start! ;) It 'almost' makes me want to scrapbook. I need a lot of motivation!

Gerrie Johnnic said...

This is so great! Ain't motherhood great! LOL...

Lynn Mercurio said...

I think your layout is precious. It reminds me of my photos with my family when I was young. Great job!

Lisa Bohler said...

What a beautiful page! I'm glad that you "cheated" so we can see it!

Claudia Perry said...

Great Page!

MJ said...

This is great Barb. And God bless you with two twin girls. I often say that God knew what he was doing when he only gave me one boy and not girls, I think I would lose my mind if I had girls, lol! I know you love them though and they are so worth it!

Connie Babbert said...

Great job on your page! The style of picture makes me laugh...our family pictures are similar!

My boys are 22 and 25...both out of the house, so I can't sympathize these days...

Vicki G said...

Love your page!!! A perfect layout and theme for your B&W photos!!!!!

Vicki

rozie640 said...

Great page Barb, too bad you don't have many pictures but I can relate, I guess my parents were just poor and they too moved a lot. I probably have 5 picture of me under the age of 10. I got a camera for my 10th birthday and took a few pictures and then many more in my teen years. I think I have two baby pictures to my name. I know your husband must treasure that page.

Basement Stamper said...

I like that scrapbook pages alot. I like the colors you used on them.

Stefanie said...

Great page Barb! I love the photo corners.

Ida said...

Great scrapbook page. I love vintage looking images (makes me long for the "Good Ole Days") - Also I like the use of Wonderful Weaves on your photo corners.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin