Check out all my photos here in one place!

Friday, August 24, 2007

Punch Happy


Using punches is so much fun!....especially when you begin to use them in ways that really aren't obvious....when you "think outside the box." And that's just what I did for this week's edition of our Bloggers' Challenge. Used the oval punches in a different way than the original intent. Of course, I cannot claim this idea as my own....it's actually a compilation of a few ideas I've seen around, but I changed the layout and background. I've really wanted to try this for a long time and this week's Challenge presented the perfect opportunity.
The body was created by using the Coluzzel....the round punches just did not give me the proportion that was needed for this little guy. The edge of each circle or oval (with the exception of the eyes) was lightly sponged in Garden Green ink to give it a bit more definition. And the greeting was created on the computer. Wouldn't this make a cute invite for a child's party? How fun!!
Don't forget to check out the other Bloggers submissions.....I can't wait to see what these talented ladies have come up with!!
Stamps: Dotted, Sanded Backgrounds
Inks: Wild Wasabi, Certainly Celery, Garden Green
CS: Whisper White, Certainly Celery, Wild Wasabi
Punches: Large Oval, 1/2" & 1/4" Round, Spring Flower Bouquet
Misc: Ticket Punch, Black Mini Brads, Paper Piercer, Sponge Dauber, White Gel Pen, Basic Black Marker, Coluzzel






16 comments:

Susie Moore said...

Barb - this is adorable. I am going to have to snag this idea or sure.

Susie

Pat Huntoon said...

Very cute Frog, Barbara! Love this goodlie eyes : )
www.patstamps.blogspot.com

Connie Babbert said...

Cute frog, Barbara! Love those oval punches!

Connie
http://inkspiredtreasures.blogspot.com

Lisa Bohler said...

I love your choice of background stamps! I, too, have see the frog like this but with the background stamps, you made it fresh and new again!

Claudia Perry said...

That frog is just tooooo cute!
Claudia

Anonymous said...

Ha! Very cute, Barb!

Sue Davis said...

Adorable... I love him!

Lori said...

That is one cute frog! Great way to use punches.

Karen said...

OMGoodness - how cute is this!! Love it!!

Stefanie said...

Super cute Barb!

Lisa Somerville said...

great way to showcase the punches Bard - he turned out great

Lisa Somerville

Ida said...

Frogs are one of my favorite creatures so naturally when I saw your card I went, HOW CUTE IS THAT!!! Very adorable Barbara. Ida

Anonymous said...

SO Cute Barb. I have made a similar frog for my great nephews 1st birthday! I love your lily pads!
Love it!

tonistamps said...

Clever, clever, clever!

Basement Stamper said...

Barbara:
Love the frog, he's so cute!

Anonymous said...

What a great punch idea project!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin