Check out all my photos here in one place!

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Christmas is Coming!

The Christmas season is almost here!  Are you ready?  I know that I certainly am not.....not even close.  BUT, I am trying to come up with my Christmas card design.  It's certainly time, don't you think?   It's another card (as promised in my last post!) in Wild Wasabi and Cherry Cobbler.  I just love this color combination!!

Actually, this is a sample of a recent swap I participated in last month.  It wasn't a large one....this time, I only needed 11 of them....easy!  Lots of little details....and steps....

As you can see, I used the wonderful Snowburst Embossing Folder.  Over top, is a piece of Cherry Cobbler cardstock that was embossed with one of the new Designer Frame embossing folders (it's a set of two).  I really enjoy using this embossing folder....it works perfectly with the Wide Oval Punch, which is how the white oval was created for the inside.   No need to cut out an oval....Stampin'Up! has made it easy for us....the Whisper White oval was simply punched from a scrap.  This really sets off the punched stocking that is the focal point.  The Stitched Stocking stamp set and Stocking Builder Punch (both from the Holiday Mini Catalog) made the creation of this stocking so easy!  And check out the sparkly toe and heal....from Silver Glimmer Paper, also from the Holiday Mini.  Add in a bit of Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine and a Basic Rhinestone....and of course, a greeting and it's complete!

Stamps:  Stitched Stockings, Petite Pairs
Inks:  Cherry Cobbler, Wild Wasabi
CS:  Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler, Wild Wasabi, Silver Glimmer Paper
Big Shot:  Snowburst EF, Designer Frame EF
Punches:  Wide Oval, Word Window, Modern Label, Stocking Builder, Corner Rounder
Misc:  Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine, Multi-Purpose Adhesive (to adhere bow), Basic Rhinestone

Thanks so much for stopping by today!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin