Check out all my photos here in one place!

Friday, September 23, 2011

Stampin' with Friends

Did I ever tell you that the BEST part of being a Stampin'Up! demonstrator is the friends you make along the way?  I've met...and stamped....with people from all walks of life, from all over the country. SU has given me the opportunity to make friends with those that have been/are customers, as well as sister demonstrators...people I would never have met any other way!

So, why am I sharing this?  Well, last week, I traveled down to my son and daughter-in-law's new home.  You see, I have a bit of time off while the store I work in is being renovated (compliments of flooding caused by Hurricane Irene!) and my son began a new job this past Tuesday, but had some time off in between jobs.  So, down to Virginia I went!  I got to see his home all settled for the first time....they did a great job and it looks like it's going to be a very happy home.

I went down last Wednesday and Dan (my son) and I had a few projects and visited all of Thursday and Friday.  But when Saturday came along, I figured it was time for me to get out of their hair and give my DIL a bit of time to herself....so I visited with my friend and sister demo, Toni Tessler, who lives about an hour away.  Toni was hosting a Stamp Camp, and I told her I would come and help.  In return, she had all the projects ready for me to make as well.  Cute ideas!  AND I, of course, had some time to visit after everyone left and all was quiet.  Oh...and at the end of the day, I visited with another sister demo/friend, Jeannette!  See?  It really IS great to be a SU Demo!  (Want to join in the fun?  Contact me and see how.)

This photo here is one of the projects I helped with.  This adorable idea was featured at Convention this past July, and Toni adapted and redesigned it to fit a Fall theme.  The box itself is the Box #2 Bigz Die and then the box is "wrapped" with a piece of textured Cajun Craze CS and some of that wonderful Wide Grosgrain in Old Olive....only Toni didn't realize that the Old Olive has been retired.  But things could easily be changed out to what is currently available in the catalog.  The Triple Treat Flower is used on the front....don't you just love it?!!....remember, it's one of those single stamps available for purchase.  It was inked in Old Olive and then stamped off lightly once before stamping on the Natural Ivory CS.  And the best part?  The saying....Toni took the Bright Blessings Jumbo Wheel and peeled the rubber off of the hard plastic wheel...then cut it apart to use all the different sayings and images as separate stamps.  Ingenious!!  They each work marvelously well with our clear blocks.  Wouldn't this make a fabulous little treat box at your Thanksgiving table?!!

Here's the recipe:

Stamps:  Triple Treat Flower, Bright Blessings Jumbo Wheel
Inks:  Old Olive, Cajun Craze
CS:  Old Olive, Natural Ivory, Cajun Craze, Cajun Craze Textured
Big Shot:  Box #2 Bigz Die
Punches:  1 1/4" Round, 5-Petal Flower, 2 3/8" Scallop Circle
Misc:  Sticky Strip (to hold everything together!), 1 1/4" Striped Wide Grosgrain in Old Olive (retired), Dimensionals

Thanks for stopping by and visiting today!


LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin