Check out all my photos here in one place!

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Simple Thanks

I'm into simple and white lately...and this was one of the first cards that started me on that trend! I used this for 2 classes last month and all the ladies loved it. And this idea is a take off on something I saw somewhere out there in computer land....so, although I've made it my own, it is not entirely mine.

This features the now retired, Very Thankful, the last Ronald McDonald stamp set from the just retired catalog.....I'm definitely going to keep this set around for awhile. It makes quick and easy cards. The image was stamped twice, first in Basic Black onto the Whisper White piece and then again on another Whisper White scrap in Mellon Mambo. As you can see, the Mellon Mambo pieces were punched out using my 1/2" round punch and layered over the Basic Black. Pretty sure you can figure out the rest of the construction of this card. I'm just loving the white on white layers!

Now, I have a bit of a confession to make....my two classes were kind of close together, just a few days apart. But, in between, I pulled out the stamp set to use for something else...and, well, you guessed it...it never went back into my class bag. Instead, I absent mindedly put it back on my shelf, so that when I arrived at the second class, it wasn't there! So, my sister (hostess) went through her stamps and pulled out this oldie, but goodie and we replaced the original image with this long-retired hostess set.....in fact, I don't even recall the name of this set! But it works well, but also goes to show that you can easily take a layout and substitute it with a stamp that you may already have...and that may have been the most important thing I showed them that evening! So, since I was using a different image, I decided to turn the card around for even more of a difference, (also forgot the corner rounder!)........so we ended up with two completely different stamp sets with two somewhat similar looks! Both are kinda fun, don't you think?!
Here's the info on the first card:
Stamps: Very Thankful*
Inks: Basic Black, Mellon Mambo
CS: Whisper White, Basic Black, Mellon Mambo
Misc: Big Shot, Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder, Corner Rounder, 1/2" Round Punch, Mellon Mambo Polka Dot Grosgrain*, Scallop Edge Punch
*Retired
Please note: All materials used to create both of these cards are from SU!
Thanks for stopping by today.





No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin