Check out all my photos here in one place!

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Isn't it "Charming?"

About a month ago (I may have mentioned this), I went to a large stamp gathering with my sidelines and uplines. It was a fun-filled day of stamping, learning new things, and seeing how new products can be used. We also had the opportunity to do Make & Takes throughout the day....just like you do in a workshop! We also had 2 guests.....the amazingly talented Michele Zindorff and equally talented Karen Barber.. Both are part of my sideline, a few times removed, maybe, but they are definitely a part of our group!

Anyway, this is the card that each attendee made with Karen. She came up with one of her outstanding creations and taught us that fabulous technique, Black Magic. Karen is definitely the master (and possibly even the creator, but I'm not sure about that!) of this technique! You can view her blog and creations here. Her creations are ALWAYS gorgeous, but sadly, she doesn't post on her blog too frequently.

So, although this is Karen's brain child, I stamped it and really wanted to share. As you can see, the background on this card is created with Charming. The Oval Die was used to create the main focal ovals, oval punches were used for the greeting. For the Black Magic technique, you simply stamp an image in White Craft ink onto a dark color cardstock....in this case, Basic Black. Allow the ink to dry and then color over top with Watercolor Pencils. The finishing touch was all those little dots with the White Gel Pen, which just sets everything off!

Oh, did I mention that I won this set, Charming? (Sorry...I think I already did, but I'm still so excited because I usually don't win!!) It was my table prize and I went home with it that day! It was a GOOD day that day! Tanks for stopping by!
Stamps: Charming, Short & Sweet
Inks: Rose Red, White Craft, Basic Black
CS: Rose Red, Whisper White, Basic Black
Misc: Big Shot, Oval Dies, Small & Large Oval punches, White Satin Ribbon, Flat Pearls from the Pretties Kit, Mini Glue Dots (for adhering the pearls), Dimensionals, Watercolor Pencils, White Gel Pen
Please note: ALL materials used to create this sample are from SU!





2 comments:

Ceal said...

Love your cards they are beautiful! TFS

Kathy W said...

so pretty!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin