Check out all my photos here in one place!

Monday, May 4, 2009

Monday's Lunchtime Challenge #68


Did you know that May is National Scrapbook Month? Do YOU know how to preserve your own photos? In certain environments, they deteriorate.....so preserve those precious and irreplaceable photos. They need to be stored properly! Scrapbooking is a fun and beautiful way to keep them safe (as long as you used the right materials)! My family looks at the scrapbooks I have put together far more often than all those pictures sitting in boxes!
There is a saying I saw not too long ago,
"A birth certificate shows you were born. A death certificate shows you died. BUT, a scrapbook shows you lived!" Don't you think that's so true?


Well, I may not scrapbook all that often, but there are many memories and photos I want to safeguard in this very special way...so for today's Challenge, I'm sharing a page with the layout that MaryJo used as our sketch. Now, don't forget unless the photos explain everything about the event, it's important to journal, or write down some memories about that photo(s). How many photos do you have stored away that when you look at them you have no idea what or when the event happened....or maybe who the people are! I know I have tons!! So, for my page, the element I added that is not on the original sketch is that pink rectangle with the journalling.
As soon as I saw this layout, I knew almost immediately what to do with it.....use my son's engagement picture! You see, I've been wanting to add that to a page and make it really special.....and this layout was just right!
A couple of things about this page....
The background is 12x12 textured Basic Gray CS.
The ribbon is the Organza Ribbon featured on Pg #179 in the SU Catalog....dyed with the Pink Pirouette Re-Ink (and a bit of water).
The journaling element was typed on the computer.
Stamps: Barouqe Motif, Fundamental Phrases
Inks: White Craft, Going Gray, Basic Black, Basic Gray
CS: Basic Gray Textured, Whisper White, Pink Pirouette, Going Gray, Basic Black
Misc: White Organdy Ribbon, Pink Pirouette Re-Ink
NOTE: ALL materials used to create this scrappage are from SU.
So, you don't scrapbook? Why not? After all, each page is like a large card.....but with special memories added!
Thanks for stopping....be sure to click on MaryJo's name. It will take you to her blog and you can see the original sketch and what the other creative bloggers have come up with!

6 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

What a great sketch for your son's engagement picture, great way to preserve the memory!

Basement Stamper said...

This is absolutely beautiful, perfect in every way. Great colors for the layout and the picture is precious.

Lisa Bohler said...

That is a fabulous page!!! Absolutely gorgeous, my dear!!!!

MJ said...

Oh my gosh, this is so wonderful. What a great picture! And you did a fabulous job accenting it! I absolutely love it. Thanks for playing along.

Kathy W said...

just gorgeous and so true scrapbooking does show you lived!

Judy Bickel said...

This is absolutely beautiful. My boyfriend's daughter is getting married and I think this type of a layout in a picture frame would be great. I am curious.. is the journaling on the layout a personal note or a quote.

Thanks for sharing and giving a great gift idea!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin