Check out all my photos here in one place!

Thursday, March 6, 2008

I'm having so much fun with the new SU rub-ons! Fast (can we say "instant gratification?!!") and fabulous....AND they work on so many different surfaces. I've seen photos of them being used on cards (DUH!) and scrap pages, candles, books, candles, glass.....even on manicured nails! So, I guess, just like stamps, they work on just about any surface. Can't you just see some on your favorite little person? Wouldn't they make fun temporary tatoos?!!



I needed a Hostess gift for a workshop I'm giving a demo for....tonight, and this is what I came up with. The curvy corners were a bit tricky, but I just covered up any imperfection with another rub-on flower. I had this little glass dish in my stash forever, but I think I paid only a dollar or so from WalMart. Of course, the dish needed something inside, so I simply wrapped some of the new Hersey Truffle-Filled Nuggets (ohhhh....these are to DIE for!!) with some stamped Avery wrapers; placed them in a cello bag and it's good to go!



Oh....and check out that "checkered" ribbon! It's the scrumptious White Taffeta Ribbon (I think I'm on my 4th roll of this stuff!!!!)....it's simply rolled with the new Lots of Dots Jumbo Wheel from the brand-new Occasions Mini Catalog in Regal Rose. I thought it would come out looking like the dotted ribbon that is everywhere, but suprisingly, as it dries, it bleeds a bit and comes out looking like gingham. Well, that works for me!! So, tonight I'll see if my hostess likes it. (Hi, Lee!)

Stamps: Lots of Dots (Occasions Mini), Tag Punch Kit*
Rub Ons: Love & Happiness (SAB)
Inks: Regal Rose
*Retired

A few little notes:
--The chocolates inside the cello were wrapped with Avery labels that were first stamped with the Lots of Dots wheel in Almost Amethyst, Certainly Celery, and Regal Rose.

--When using Rub Ons on glass, be sure the glass is very clean AND dry.

--Rub ons are NOT dishwasher safe. Clean the glass carefully with a damp paper towel and do not rub.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin