Check out all my photos here in one place!

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Christmas in July!

OK....are you noticing a theme here?!! It's HOT.....and I'm so ready to be past this heat wave. Oh, I know that the temperature....and the humidity....is supposed dip for the next day or so, but then the HOT and the humidity will be back. Maybe I shouldn't wish my life away, but I'm ready for Fall weather, which really is my favorite!

Last Friday night, I hosted a Christmas Card Class. I'm thinking that the heat kept most away, so, it turned out to be just one customer (after a few cancellations) and me. But that's OK because we still had fun and stamped some great cards....this is one of them, made with the brand-new, just-received-it-at-Convention set, Easy Events. It's a wonderful, all-purpose set.....it just may become my new go-to set. There were tons of amazing samples on the display boards at Convention for inspiration! Although my sample here is not really a CASE of anything I saw, it was definitely inspired by a few different things.

As you can see, the card base is simply Crumb Cake with a top fold. The Cherry Cobbler layer was impressed with the Big Shot and the Elegant Lines EF.....so pretty! This was all topped off with the scallop circle, which is really the larger of the 2 medallions from the Perfect Pennants Bigz Die.....so perfect behind the 2 1/2" Circle Punch layer. And of course, this is all topped off with the Very Vanilla Taffeta Ribbon at the top.

Oh! I need to tell you how I colored in the image!! Simple! Markers.....Pear Pizzazz for the leaves and Cherry Cobbler for the berries. Then to really set the image off, a little stroke of Always Artichoke marker was used on each leaf, closest to the stem, and just a dot of the White Gel Pen on each berry. Made all the difference.....just these little touches seemed to make the image come alive!!

Since I had some extras cut and ready to go, I ended up making them all for me.....so now, I've begun MY Christmas cards as well....and now have a whole basketful! (I'll still need to make more....so be on the look-out for more Christmas Card Classes coming soon.)  Bring on the COOL weather!

Stamps: Easy Events
Inks: Early Espresso
CS: Very Vanilla, Pear Pizzazz, Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake
Big Shot: Perfect Pennant Bigz Die, Elegant Lines EF
Misc: Very Vanilla Taffeta Ribbon, Dimensionals, Pear Pizzaz Marker, Cherry Cobbler Marker, Always Artichoke Marker, White Gel Pen

Thanks so much for stopping by and visiting today!

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin