Check out all my photos here in one place!

Monday, June 28, 2010

Super Simple Punch & Big Shot Card

I'm in the process of making mini sets of thank you cards (sets of 4 with envelopes). This card is not my usual style...I was going for a clean and simple look....it came out kinda cute, don't you think?!! Kind of a country look, but uncluttered, which is what the Whisper White background seems to achieve.

The only stamping on this is the stem, which was created with the about to retire, Stem Sayings....it worked perfectly for this look. It's a take on one that our own Shelli Gardner (for those that don't know, she is the co-founder of SU!) featured at one of her Workshop of a Lifetime series.....actually, I didn't realize until I put up the link how similar it really is! But, I also wanted to feature at least one outgoing item.....I managed to get 2 in this card: the Kraft Taffeta Ribbon (I am reallly going to miss this ribbon!!!) and Stem Sayings.

It really is a pretty simple card...the Extra Large Fancy Flower Punch (still available from the Occasions Mini & will be in the new catalog) created the flower, but was then textured using my very favorite embossing folder, the Square Lattice folder and the Big Shot. The button center is from the Buttons #5 Sizzlet. It's threaded with some of that Kraft Taffeta Ribbon that I love so much and mounted on a Dimensional. Then the leaves were simply added...they were created with the Small Oval Punch and each leaf has been scored. Cute, huh?!!

Stamps: Stem Sayings*
Inks: Old Olive
CS: Riding Hood Red, Summer Sun*, Old Olive
Misc: Big Shot, Extra Large Fancy Flower Punch, Square Lattice EF, Dimensional, Kraft Taffeta Ribbon, Small Oval Punch
*Retiring
Please note: ALL materials used to create this card are from SU!

Thanks for taking some time out of your busy day to visit!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin