Next week I will not be participating in the Bloggers' Challenge....I will be in Denver at the Stampin'Up! Convention! Yipee!!
Friday, July 27, 2007
Thursday, July 26, 2007
The button was threaded with Linen Thread and added to the center.
The greeting was also embossed.
The Mellow Moss strip was first stamped with the Weathered background stamp in Mellow Moss...THEN distressed by using the DTP (direct to paper) method....THEN paper piercing was added down the edge!
The Chocolate Chip background was stamped first with the Linen background and then the ferns down the left side! Whew!! This sure was a "labor of love."
I'm happy with the finished product, but making 30 of these took me a very, very LONG time! Sure hope everyone likes them!!
Stamps: Linen, Weathered, Touch of Nature
Inks: Chocolate Chip Classic & Craft; Mellow Moss
CS: Chocolate Chip, Sahara Sand, Mellow Moss, Always Artichoke, Groovy Guava
Misc: Always Artichoke Button (Rich Regal Collection), Linen Thread, Glue Dot (for holding button on), Dimensional (behind flower), Clear Embossing Powder (flower and greeting), Paper Piercer, Chocolate Chip 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon
Sunday, July 22, 2007
Many Bloggers like to play the Tag Game….and I was tagged a week ago by Dana. Check out her blog at http://willblogforstamps.blogspot.com/ It's actually a fun way to get to know each of us a bit better! So, finally (this was difficult!) here’s 7 Random Things about Me:
1. I’ve lived in New Jersey all my life. YUP, that’s me….New Jersey born and bred….and, NO, we are not all like the Sopranos make us out to be!!!
2. I have twin daughters who are now 19, but when I was pregnant, I didn’t know I was having twins until they were born. I found out on the delivery table! So, I went from being the mother of 1 to a mother of 3….seemed like a terribly large leap at the time!
3. I met my husband when we were in high school. But at the time, I thought he was terribly immature….a complete jerk! Then when I was just 18, my best friend at the time and his best friend got us together. We’ll be married 30 years this Fall….and he still makes me laugh like no one else can.
4. Five years ago, my hubby and I had the chance to take our twins on the vacation of a lifetime…..we went to England (our older one was away at college and couldn’t afford to take the time off.) Fabulous place. Unfortunately, we visited London the day it was closed….literally! We tried to site see the day of the Queen Mum’s funeral. One day we hope to go back and see all we missed.
5. The first house my hubby and I purchased is still the one we live in today. A real fixer upper…we planned to fix it up and live here only 2 years. Still here 20+ years later....and it is all fixed and redone. Now we are re-doing!
6. I have 2 dogs. Sadie is our 65 pound coward who is afraid of EVERYthing. Max came home one day when my hubby brought him home from work….”just for a visit.” Almost 5 years later, he’s still “visiting!” Hmmm….maybe we’ll keep him!
7. My goal this coming Stampin’Up! year is to send in some card entries to a few of the various magazines that I buy/receive each month. It might be fun to see one of my cards in print…..if one is actually chosen. But “I’ll never be in one if I don’t send one…or two or three…”
So that’s it for my “Tag!” Seems like so many bloggers have already been tagged, so I am not going to be a pain and forward this to anyone. And now you know a bit more about me!
Friday, July 20, 2007
Monday, July 16, 2007
Friday, July 13, 2007
Monday, July 9, 2007
Saturday, July 7, 2007
Thursday, July 5, 2007
Monday, July 2, 2007
This card was actually my entry in a swap called "Cards that Move." It's basically a flat card that does not open in the traditional way. Instead, you pull the ribbon tab and the front slides back to reveal the message. (See 2nd photo) WAY too difficult to explain on this post...but will be included in an upcoming class by the very same name as the swap! Promises to be a really FUN class....please let me know if you are interested in joining me.
Stamps: Eat Cake, Curvy Verses
Inks: Pink Pink, Pink Passion, Only Orange, Basic Black; White Craft
CS: Pixie Pink, Only Orange, Pink Passion, Whisper White
Markers: Only Orange, Pixie Pink, Pink Passion
Misc: 12" Cutter, Black Gingham, 2-Way Glue Pen, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, 1 1/4" & 1 3/8" Round Punches